When listing your home it is critical to the sales process for your home to be staged effectively. Staging de-personalizes a home and helps showcase the different rooms to best capture the imagination of a prospective buyer. Remember you are not selling your personal style, you are selling your home.
Here are some things to remember:
- Remove or minimize family photos
- Remove any religious items or references
- Paint rooms a neutral colour
- Fix any obvious damage like holes in walls and tears in door screens
- Replace any bulky furniture with pieces that best maximize a room's space
- Make sure the kitchen is spotless and simply decorated
- Make sure all visible linens are clean and fresh
- Make sure all bathrooms are super clean with simple decorative accents and no overpowering scents
- Minimize clutter
- Fix up the master bedroom so it feels warm and inviting
- The exterior of the home should be clean and tidy
You can stage your home yourself or let me recommend a home staging professional. Please feel free to discuss this with me.